St Anthony's Class
Class Teacher: Miss Kelly
Teaching Assistant: Miss Lane and Mrs Lovejoy
Patron Saint Feast Day: 13th June
Curriculum Information 2023-2024
Things to Remember
In Year 1 we are striving to become more independent. The children are responsible for handing in letters and any other belongings.
- P.E. will be on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Please ensure your child does not wear any jewellery to school on these days. Children wearing jewellery into school on P.E days, must be able to remove it themselves. Children will also need warm, navy tracksuit bottoms for the colder months, as we will still be going outside.
- Homework will be set on a Friday via EdShed. The children will need to use their log ins to access the assignments. A message on Dojo will posted about the set assignments each week.
- Children will be sent home reading books each week. Please ensure that your child's reading record is signed, so that new books can be given. It is imperative that children are reading daily in order to consolidate their understanding of phonics and to build their reading fluency.
- Please ensure all items of clothing and water bottles are clearly named.
- Year 1 Common Exception Words - these are words that do not follow the phonetic code and the children must know to spell by the end of Year 1.
- Sound Mat - the children use these in class, to help them apply their phonics to their spelling)
- Complex Speed Sounds Chart - the children use these in class, to help them apply their phonics to their spelling)
- ICT Games (Literacy) - phonics, spelling, handwriting, sentence composition
- Vocabulary Ninja - Mini games to build children's vocabulary
- Hand warm up exercises to do prior to fine motor activities (writing, drawing etc)
Phonics Screening Check (past papers)
- ICT Games (Maths) - Games for Place Value, Addition & Subtraction, Multiplication. Digital manipulatives such as number lines, part whole model, tens frames and dienes.
- Top Marks (Maths): Games for place value, addition and subtraction etc.
- MathsBot- Digital Manipulatives to help support and represent mathematical concepts. For example, counters, tens frames, dienes, Numicon, hundred square etc.
- Maths Learning Centre - Range of digital aids such as tens frames, dienes, number lines, whiteboard to support: Place Value, Addition & Subtraction, Time, Shape.
- Cosmic Yoga (via YouTube)
- Just Dance (via YouTube)