Year 2 - St Therese Class
- Class Teachers: Miss Everett and Mrs O'Connor
- TA: Mrs Kent
- Class Governor:
- Patron Saint feast day: 7th October
Welcome to Term 2 of Year 2!
****Click below for the Year 2 presentation for parents****
Year 2 Presentation
This term, our question will be 'What Is Out There?'
We will be learning all about Amazing Australia. We will locate Australia on a map of the world, label the territories in Australia, and then research and find out all about the climate, animals, landmarks and traditions of the country. We will also learn about what Christmas is like in Australia, and compare it to Christmas here in the UK.
Things to remember:
- Our PE days are Monday and Tuesday. Please ensure that your child has a fully labelled PE kit in school, including navy tracksuit bottoms for the colder months. Hair should be tied back for PE, and children wearing jewellery into school on these days should be able to remove it themselves.
- Homework will be set every Friday from the 18th September. Homework will consist of a Maths and a Literacy task based on the learning that week, or in preparation for the learning the following week. Homework books must be returned on Tuesday in order for them to be quarantined for 48 hours before being marked and returned.
- All children have been given their new reading books. Reading books and records should be brought into school every day, and reading records must be signed so that new books can be given.
- Please ensure that all items of clothing and water bottles are clearly labelled.
Why not use purplemash to develop your information technology skills. You will need your login and password to access this home learning site.