Year 3 - St Patrick's Class
Class Teacher: Mr Wilkins
TA: Miss Lane Class Governor: Mr Lamb
Welcome to the year 3 page.
Here you will find updates and important information regarding year 3 and the amazing work we do. Year 3 is a fun and active year with many interesting topics to study, such as the Stone age and forces and magnets.
Year 3 topic web term 1
Year 3 Curriculum evening presentation
If your child is 'quarantining' they are required to complete work at home as long as they are not unwell.
The links will be posted onto here each day for you to follow.
All work must be completed and returned to school on your child's first day back so that this can be registered with the office.
Spellings - Please find a weekly spelling list. You should spend ten minutes each day practising your words for that week.
The Science Museum have created a booklet of fun experiments that you can try at home. Click here to open the booklet and have a go at some kitchen science!
Topic subject ideas:
These suggested ideas are not compulsory but would be beneficial for your child so they are still accessing all subjects from our curriculum.
- Activity booklet - Use this booklet for daily activity ideas.
- Gross motor activities
- Design your own sport. Can you come up with a sport you would like to try in your next PE lesson? Think about how the game would be played, the equipment you would need and how a team/player becomes the winner.
- Write daily prayers to God to thank him and write prayers for others
- Design a poster on kindness and how being a friend in times of need is important
Home learning resources:
Please find attached some resources to help support your children with their learning at home:
100 Square - Use this to help your children with their mathematical calculations.
0-100 number line - Use this to support your children with their mathematical learning.
We have also put some links to age appropriate websites with information to help your child understand the current situation and some for Well-being.
We hope you find the links useful.
If you would like any support or resources regarding mindfulness with your children then please go to our SEND page.
How to help out at home
- Ensure that your child is reading for at least 20 minutes each day and sign their reading record book
- Practise times tables
- Practise spellings
- Encourage them to write for fun.